We are a community grounded in the call, “Love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our strength, and with all our mind, and our neighbour as ourselves.” Leviticus 19:18; Luke 10:27
The House of Peace, located in the heart of the city, welcomes and celebrates diversity. People from various ethnic and faith traditions, live at the House of Peace, do volunteer service, pray and reflect, attend developmental sessions and contribute financially. Volunteers ensure that the House of Peace is accessible to individuals and groups seven days a week. View our Photo Album!
The House of Peace shares spaces and collaborates with organizations that build peoples’ strengths, promote interdependence and work for justice, peace and understanding.
- The Self-Help groups, Cocaine Anonymous & Al-Alon meet each week at the House of Peace
- The Secular Franciscans support marginalized people
- The Eritreans gather on Sundays to strengthen their community and provide avenues of hope for their children and youth
- Counselling Services and Step 5 sessions are available by appointment
- The House of Peace provides sacred space and celebration of the Sacraments of the Eucharist and Reconciliation which nurture and renew peoples’ minds and hearts
- Educational sessions that address social issues and promote positive change
- Life skills and language skills are enhanced by hiring those who are unemployed and/or new immigrants
- Marie Rose Hall is rented to host workshops, in-services, conferences and retreats that build community locally and globally